Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Playing With Simple Canes
























I did try doing some more canes....very simple stripes and a little more crushed Ikat....and then I slapped a bunch of different colors and shapes together to see what it would look like...











Don't ask me where the baby bonnet/peanut shell texture look came from...lol
I also got really excited about using anodized aluminum findings for a bit of sparkle....
I've come to believe that the way I work is by looking around at work that inspires me, ruminating on it for a bit, then something from here will mesh with something from there, leave it to marinate for a while, then voila...a new direction....
This gets tiring after awhile though...I keep wanting so just find my own unique voice and start talking....










No comments:

Post a Comment