Monday, February 16, 2009

Where I Came From....

I started out in the seventies and eighties doing graphic art and illustration.

Then during the late eighties and nineties, my then husband and I collaborated on a line of
trompe l'oeil painted furniture that we sold at retail and wholesale art shows.










After about fifteen years, the marriage and the collaboration ended and I went back to art school, painted for a few years.












In the last few years I became obsessed with designing purses. Finally focused on the part I liked best, doing the handles. Particularly, resin handles. I do the originals with polymer clay, then make silicone molds and pour resin(dyed and with metal powders added, called cold casting). I sell them to purse makers on my website http://www.labeanabags.com/ I've truly enjoyed doing this, especially working with polymer clay again.









In designing these handles, I'd missed using color....so one day I played with some other polymer clay colors.....and soon I was making little sculptures and jewelry....(stay tuned)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that still life with the tomato and yellow pepper....just blows me away. Actually, all your still lifes do. I'm so in love with them.

    ReplyDelete